[dpdk-dev] Dynamic Logging Name Formatting

Shreyansh Jain shreyansh.jain at nxp.com
Thu Jan 25 10:35:13 CET 2018

Hi Harry,

A trivial question(s)...

On Wednesday 24 January 2018 02:24 AM, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 05:45:09PM +0000, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
>> On 1/23/2018 5:31 PM, Van Haaren, Harry wrote:
>>> === Suggested Consistent Schema ===
>>> ===================================
>>>
>>> Libraries:
>>>    lib.<name>.specialization
>>>
>>> Net PMDs:
>>>    pmd.<name>.specialization
>>>    // one could argue consistency would be pmd.ethdev.<name>
>>>    // but the change is larger than the value IMO - thoughts?
>
> pmd.net ??

Just to clarify, with 'pmd.net' as fixed string, <specialization> would
be driver name along with any meta info?

For example:

pmd.net.dpaa2
pmd.net.dpaa2.info
pmd.net.dpaa2.base

Is that right understanding?
And, for mempool I can do...

pmd.mempool.<specialization>

for example:

pmd.mempool.dpaa2
pmd.mempool.dpaa2.something

>>> Eventdev PMDs:
>>>    pmd.eventdev.<name>.specialization
>>>
>>> Crypto PMDs:
>>>    pmd.cryptodev.<name>.specialization
>>>

> "event" and "crypto" without the "dev" on the end, which would also
> match "net" above.
>
>>> BBdev PMDs:
>>>    pmd.bbdev.<name>.specialization
>>>
>>> Busses:
>>>    bus.<name>.specialization
>>
>> +1 to suggested schema, looks good to me.

I am working on sending out dynamic logging patches for dpaa2 within rc1
window. I can make changes as agreed here.