[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 12/07/2018

De Lara Guarch, Pablo pablo.de.lara.guarch at intel.com
Thu Jul 12 14:47:49 CEST 2018

Minutes of 12 July 2018
-----------------------

Agenda:
* Merge Deadline for 18.08
* Subtrees

Participants:
* Intel
* Mellanox
* NXP
* Cavium

Merge Deadline for 18.08
------------------------
* *RC1* date pushed to *Friday 13 July*.
* "Enable hotplug on multi-process" will not be included in 18.08, due to insufficient reviews
* Some patchsets require more attention:
  * Memory patches from Anatoly
  * Some fixes from Hotplug patchset, which will be extracted from the set and merged in 18.08.
* RC2 date targeting 24-25 July.

Subtrees
--------

* main
  * More patches to be merged, more review required

* next-net
  * Subtree was pulled this week
  * Other patches have been applied to the other subtrees (next-net-intel/next-net-mlx).
  * Thomas might get more patches directly from these subtrees for RC1

* next-crypto
  * Subtree was pulled this week
  * All library changes have been applied
  * QAT Compression PMD still needs to be applied, so it will be done before RC1 is out
  * Other PMDs will be merged in RC2

* next-virtio
  * Subtree was pulled this week

* next-eventdev
  * Subtree was pulled this week

* next-pipeline
  * Some issues need to be resolved before the subtree can be pulled for RC1.

* next-qos
  * No update was given

DPDK Release Status Meetings