[dpdk-dev] [RFC v3 0/7] vhost2: new librte_vhost2 proposal

Stojaczyk, DariuszX dariuszx.stojaczyk at intel.com
Tue Jun 26 10:47:33 CEST 2018

Please notice that some features like vIOMMU are not even a part of the public rte_vhost API. Only vhost-net benefits from vIOMMU right now. Separating vhost-net from a generic vhost library (rte_vhost2) would avoid making such design mistakes in future. What's the point of having a single rte_vhost library, if some vhost-user features are only implemented for vhost-net.