[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 28/07/2018

Mcnamara, John john.mcnamara at intel.com
Thu Jun 28 12:31:00 CEST 2018

DPDK Release Status Meeting 28/07/2018
======================================

Minutes from the weekly DPDK Release Status Meeting.

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send me and email and I will send you the invite.

Minutes 28 June 2018
--------------------

Agenda:

* Subtrees
* Merge Deadline
* Reviewathon
* Bugzilla

Participants:

* Intel
* Mellanox
* Red Hat
* 6Wind
* Broadcom

Subtrees
--------

* Next-Net

  * Some patches applied but some more to go in.
  * Some of the next-net subtrees need to merge some more patches.
  * Patch to remove old offload API still not sent to mailing list.
  * CRC and RSS offload patches are not merged. More updates may be required
    for RSS.

* Next-Crypto

  * Applied some more patches but there is a big backlog.
  * Asymmetric extension to cryptodev under review but some changes are
    required. Unsure if it will make it on time. Already postponed from last
    release so we want to get it into this release. Part of cryptodev so we
    need to be careful.
  * Other PMDs  pending but changes are isolated. Less risk.

* Next-virtio

  * 4-5 series pending.
  * 3 are by Maxime so he is looking for external reviewers.
  * Lack of reviews partially due to DPDK Summit China.

* Next-Eventdev

* No update.

* Next-Ip-pipeline

  * Pull request sent.

* Master
  * Lots of work.
  * Lots of patches from Anatoly.

Merge Deadline
--------------

* Target date was Friday 29th July.
* All subtrees are behind on merging.
* Agreement to move merge deadline to Friday July 6th.
* RC1 will Monday July 9th.
* There will be a hard deadline on features in RC1.
* PMDs can go into RC2 .
* RC2 deadline will be July 14th.
* Release date is still August 1.

DPDK Summits
------------

* DPDK Summit China just finished, June 28, 2018:
  https://www.dpdk.org/event/dpdk-summit-china-2018/
* DPDK Userspace, Dublin September 5-6, 2018. Call for Papers open:
  https://www.dpdk.org/event/dpdk-userspace-dublin-2018/

Reviewathon

* Reviewathon happened on Tuesday 26th, via email and IRC.
* Mellanox and Intel were the main participants.
* We will run another one on Tuesday 3rd July.
* Mellanox and Intel, Read Hat and 6Wind agreed to participate.

Bugzilla
--------

* All maintainers should register with DPDK Bugzilla so issues can be assigned
  to them for review. https://bugs.dpdk.org/