[dpdk-dev] Question on AESNI PMD

Luse, Paul E paul.e.luse at intel.com
Tue Mar 13 20:28:05 CET 2018

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the reply. Wrt your question " Do you mean src and dst using different containers (non mbufs), or using mbufs which data is pointing at another location?" optimally, for storage use cases, something other than m_bufs would be great as right now I only use the buf_addr and userdata fields which sorta answers your question I guess :)

Assuming m_bufs is a given for now, I'd like to use one m_buf to describe a src location that I allocate on my own and assign and a separate m_buf for a separate destination buffer that I also allocate on my own. That's what I'm doing now, with a small hack to the function I mention below, and it seems to be working good.

Thanks!
Pau