[dpdk-dev] Cross-compile bug: buildtools/check-experimental-syms.sh

Raphael Cohn raphael.cohn at stormmq.com
Fri Mar 30 16:22:18 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm getting back into using DPDK after a break of about a year, and
have tried to compile it again to run on Linux with the musl libc; I'm
cross-compiling using a Mac and and a suitable cross toolchain (that
works find for lots of other libraries; eg libverbs, rdma-core, etc).

One of the first errors I get is a problem with
buildtools/check-experimental-syms.sh, which doesn't take into account
the value of `CROSS` - it assumes the host system's objdump...

Raph