[dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes of May 9

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Tue May 29 11:33:42 CEST 2018

The Meeting on April 25 was cancelled because of Quorum was not present.

Meeting notes for the DPDK technical board meeting
held on 2018-05-09

	- Bruce Richardson
	- Ferruh Yigit
	- Hemant Agrawal
	- Jerin Jacob
	- Konstantin Ananyev
	- Olivier Matz
	- Stephen Hemminger
	- Thomas Monjalon

0) Check action items from last meetings

- SPDX compliance
	- close to %80 done, will continue on next release

- Gaps in new build system
	- next release we will continue to ping missing support
	- plan new build system switch offline on mail list

- new offloading API switch for PMD interface
	- all PMDs switched to new API
	- related ethdev layer API change will be discussed offline

1) 18.05 release rc3 status

- The feature list for rc3:
	- compressdev
	- DPAA2 QDMA raw driver
	- DPAA2 Command Interface raw driver
	- Hyper-V bus and NetVSC PMD
	- Intel FPGA
	- BPF
	- eventdev crypto adapter
- Anatoly's patches are requiring more review, Konstantin will review some
- Bruce is reviewing ifpga patches
- Agreed to get gcc8 fixes, should get ready ones
- Biggest release and requires more help/review
- Will keep rc3 deadline May 11 Friday, "what is not in, won't be in"

 2) BPF Licensing

- Intel legal unblocked patches
- More review required, libelf dependency is concern
- Konstantin will write a small note below the Intel copyright about the legal
- Feels big for 18.05, but decided to include in release
- Ferruh will do build tests as much as possible

3) The Review Process update

- There were no time to discuss, only put following to discuss offline:
	- Should there be time limit for patch review?
	- regular merge to main repo?
	- first come first served? (to reduce last minute peak)

4) Opens

- Project status meeting on Thursdays started recently
- stable release, more pulls before RC1.
	- Thomas will re-start discussion via mail
	- There was not enough consensus to change current process

5) Next meeting will be on May 23 and Hemant will chair it

More information about the dev mailing list