[dpdk-dev] DEV_RX_OFFLOAD_VLAN_EXTEND offload

Jerin Jacob jerin.jacob at caviumnetworks.com
Thu Nov 1 11:34:09 CET 2018

> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 09:50:12 +0000
> From: "Zhao1, Wei" <wei.zhao1 at intel.com>
> To: Jerin Jacob <jerin.jacob at caviumnetworks.com>, "Yigit, Ferruh"

Yes, it makes sense if the meaning of DEV_RX_OFFLOAD_VLAN_EXTEND is QINQ
filter. But it looks like not, as .vlan_filter_set ethdev callback accepts
only single vlan id as "uint16_t vlan_id".
If it needs to be treated as QinQ filter then QinQ vlan_ids needs to be
send to driver through some means.

Probably we may need to deprecate these vlan API in long-term and
enable it through rte_flow.