[dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes of October 24
jerin.jacob at caviumnetworks.com
Sat Nov 10 10:18:07 CET 2018
Meeting notes for the DPDK technical board meeting
held on 2018-10-24
- Bruce Richardson
- Ferruh Yigit
- Hemant Agrawal
- Jerin Jacob
- Konstantin Ananyev
- Maxime Coquelin
- Olivier Matz
- Stephen Hemminger
- Thomas Monjalon
0) DPDK acceptance policy on un-implemented API
- New APIs without implementation is not accepted.
- In order to accept a new API, At minimum
a) Need to provide an unit test case or example application
b) If the API is about HW abstraction, at least one driver
should be implemented. Preferably two.
c) If there are strong objections on ML about the need
for more than one driver for a specific API then
the technical board can make a decision.
- Konstantin volunteered to send existing un-implemented API
to the mailing list.
- The existing un-implemented APIs will be deprecated in v19.05.
- Deprecated un-implemented API will be removed in v19.08
1) jonathan.ribas at fraudbuster.mobi approached techboard to
include dpdk replay tool https://github.com/FraudBuster/dpdk-burst-replay
- TB to review the content and take the next steps
2) Next techboard meeting
- Konstantin Ananyev will chair it
More information about the dev