[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 15/11/2018
ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Nov 15 19:46:48 CET 2018
Minutes 15 November 2018
* RC3 status
* RC1 was out on Monday, 29 October.
* RC2 was out on Tuesday, 6 November.
* RC3 was out on Tuesday, 13 November.
* RC4 date is *Monday, 19 November*
* RC5 data is *Thursday, 22 November*
* Release date *pushed out* to *Saturday, 24 November*
* 19.02 dates discussion on mail list:
Proposed dates copy-paste from above thread:
* Proposal deadline Friday 23 November 2018
* Merge deadline Friday 14 December 2018
* RC1 release Friday 21 December 2018
* RCx + Testing Friday 25 January 2019
* Release Friday 1 February 2019
* Intel test results look good, no blockers, now new high issues
* There are existing high issues, working on it
* One is external memory related, Anatoly is submitted a patch
* One is performance drop related disabling avx512
* Identified as GCC issue, Thomas/Ferruh will submit defect to GCC Bugzilla
* Will go release with drop, will document it in release notes
* RedHat test results
* 1 issue, bug 76, debugged by Anatoly
* Could be a RedHat kernel issue
* Broadcom test results:
* Ajit sent by mail: testing is looking OK so far.
* Will be more code merges for RC4.
* Will merge from next-net-mlx:
* Has bug fixes.
* Hopefully will be ready on Friday, but may be on Sunday.
* May get i40e shared code update.
* There are a few various bug fixes to merge.
* No patches for RC4.
* Will get a patch from vhost-crypto.
* No patches for RC4.
* Will be a python script.
* Ajit sent following status:
* It has generally been quite since the last few bugs were fixed.
* Kevin sent out 2 patches/fixes - minimal set to get it working
* Ophir sent out an RC3 patchset - based on above with more features
* Request to get as many people as possible testing
* DPDK and OvS US conferences agendas:
DPDK Release Status Meetings
The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.
The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send me an email and I will send you the invite.
More information about the dev