[dpdk-dev] Question about telemetry on 18.11 release

Rami Rosen roszenrami at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 16:10:00 CET 2018

Hi, Hideyuki,

>Rami, thanks for your advice.
>If I understand you correctly, then
>there already exist APIs to collect statistic
>information inside dpdk including CPU usage.

Yup. I want to also note that the librte jobstats is very veteran, it
exists in DPDK versions prior to 16.04 (like in 2.2.0; see:
https://github.com/DPDK/dpdk/tree/v2.2.0/lib/librte_jobstats )
The telemetry library is relatively new.

Following are my answers to your new queries (Q5-Q7):

>Q5.Are there any API document for jobstats?
AFAIK, there is no API document apart from what I already sent (namely
the sample guide and
the API link, https://doc.dpdk.org/api/rte__jobstats_8h_source.html)

>Q6. Is it possible to use those (jobstats and telemetry) together?
It could be, never tried it though.

>Q7.Are there any samples implementing above?

Assuming you mean implementing both APIs together: No, AFAIK. It will
be great if someone will write documentation and implement such a
thing, if it is doable.

Regards,
Rami Rosen