[dpdk-dev] [draft] DPDK Release Status Meeting 11/10/2018

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Oct 11 13:32:32 CEST 2018

Minutes 11 October 2018
----------------------

Agenda:
* Dates
* Subtrees
* Bugzilla
* Pcap
* Coverity

Participants:
* Intel
* RedHat
* Mellanox
* NXP
* Broadcom
* Arm

Release Dates
-------------

* RC1 date *pushed half a week*, it is now *Wednesday, 17th October 2018*
* Delay is because of existing patch backlog.

Subtrees
--------

* main
  * Not a lot of updates during the week
  * Will pull from sub-trees today
  * Then will pull Bus and Hot-plug - Try for today/tomorrow
  * Telemetry and Power features are waiting to be merged

* next-net
  * ~50 patches in the backlog
  * New PMD (Atlantic) and some reviews are going on, these may go in on rc2
  * For rc1, rte_flow patches, hotplug patches by Thomas and pull form
    next-net-mlx are waiting
  * Could be ready by Monday

* next-crypto
  * Akhil is out today, Shreyansh gave brief update
  * Not much backlog left. ~20.

* next-virtio
  * 2 main features to get ready
  * Can be ready soon and some patches can be merged on rc2

* next-eventdev
  * Already pulled
  * Build issue solved

* next-pipeline
* next-qos
  * Pull request sent, waiting for pull

Bugzilla
--------

* Nothing major

PcapPlusPlus
------------
* A project with DPDK wrapper
* https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/web/2018-October/000897.html

Coverity
--------
* Coverity is broken for DPDK
* John is doing manual Coverity builds and upload, analysis not working
* Ferruh will try next-net Coverity project

DPDK Release Status Meetings

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send me and email and I will send you the invite.