[dpdk-dev] Memory allocation in dpdk at basic level

Avinash Chaurasia avinash.aviank2003 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 23:08:03 CEST 2018

Hello,
I am not sure whether this is right list for posting this problem. I am
trying to understand how dpdk allocate memory. I tried digging code to
understand memory allocation of DPDK. So far I understood that memory is
allocated from a heap that dpdk maintains. However, this heap must be
allocated at some place. I failed to traceback any function (called from
heap_alloc()) that calls mmap to allocate memory. Please let me know when
this heap is created, which function call does that.
Thanks
Avinash