[dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes of October 10

Hemant Agrawal hemant.agrawal at nxp.com
Tue Oct 23 10:23:50 CEST 2018

Meeting notes for the DPDK technical board meeting held on 2018-10-10

Attendees:
	- Bruce Richardson
	- Ferruh Yigit
	- Hemant Agrawal
	- Jerin Jacob
	- Konstantin Ananyev
	- Maxime Coquelin
	- Olivier Matz
	- Stephen Hemminger
	- Thomas Monjalon

1) rte_ether.h conflict with standard headers

- At present, one cannot use netinet with DPDK
- Plan is to add rte_prefix to the current definitions in this header file.
- Olivier will send a deprecation notice for 18.11 timeframe.
- It will be fixed in 19.02 timeframe

2) 18.11 preparedness

- rte_flow needs backup maintainer. Ori's name was suggested.
- ipsec library will not make it for 18.11
- json - we don't want to write our own parser, distros are ok to support jansson.
      -  ARM community to check for dependency w.r.t cross compilation case.

3) US DPDK Summit

- it was suggested to do the CFP review on time and send the notifications asap.

4) Techboard rep in Governing Board.

- Konstantin will replace Jerin for next 4 month as TB rep in GB.
- Konstantin to confirm.

5) EAL Split: proposal to divide the EAL and move high level init in a separate library.
- it can be taken for 19.02. It will help libraries like telemetry.

6) Misc
  - Stephen raised issue with constructors
	- they are causing issues in some environments.
        - an alternate can be doing it via EAL with some kind of registration mechanism.
        - need a more solid alternate proposal before we pursue this change.

 - it was suggested to remove experimental tags from some of the APIs before 18.11, specially the ones used by OVS.

7) Next techboard meeting

- It will be on October 24
- Jerin will chair it