[dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes of September 26

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Sep 27 17:22:13 CEST 2018

Meeting notes for the DPDK technical board meeting
held on 2018-09-26

	- Bruce Richardson
	- Ferruh Yigit
	- Hemant Agrawal
	- Jerin Jacob
	- Konstantin Ananyev
	- Maxime Coquelin
	- Olivier Matz
	- Stephen Hemminger
	- Thomas Monjalon

0) Items from previous week

- security process
	- Thomas & Maxime will contact Trishan about it

- website updates
	- Thomas to write a draft and send it to marketing + techboard

1) Ask from Jeff about "hotplug failure handler" status

- Overall plan is do more review and merge in this release
- Thomas, Stephen, Ferruh planning to do reviews
- Stephen asks if there is a way to test hotplug without specialized hardware
- Thomas will send more hotplug patches for this release, please review

2) Opens

- rte_flow
	- Ferruh, rte_flow patches are accumulated
	- Can be good to have a backup maintainer to help Adrien
	- Will ping for some interested developers

- Honnappa requested change 'ARM' to 'Arm' in website
	- Honnappa will send request by email, to web mail list?

- For next techboard meeting:
	- should we ask SPDK to merge in DPDK?

- rte_eth_dev_attach deprecated and replaced API rte_eal_hotplug_add is
	- Consider removing experimental tag from these APIs
	- Kevin, maybe deprecation should only happen when there is
	  non-experimental option available.

3) Recurring items

	- Intel shared code drops gets SPDX updates
	- Hemant is tracking the SPDX gaps

- meson
	- With work by Luca and Bruce, Debian can use meson for DPDK packaging

4) Next techboard meeting

- It will be on October 10
- Hemant Agrawal will chair it

More information about the dev mailing list