[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 11/4/2019

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Apr 11 17:43:25 CEST 2019

Minutes 11 April 2019
---------------------

Agenda:
* Release Dates
* Subtrees
* OvS
* Opens

Participants:
* Debian
* Intel
* Mellanox
* RedHat

Release Dates
-------------

* v19.05 dates:
  * RC1 is released on Friday, 5 April.
    * http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/announce/2019-April/000254.html
  * RC2: Wednesday, 17 April
  * Release: Friday, 10 May

* v19.08 dates:
  * Proposal/V1               Monday 03 June   2019
  * Integration/Merge/RC1     Monday 01 July   2019
  * Release                   Thurs  01 August 2019

  * Schedule updated on roadmap page:
    https://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/

* v19.11 dates should be discussed soon

Subtrees
--------

* main
  * Thomas will work on rcu and timer library patches for rc2
  * There will be an early merge for rc2 on weekend

* next-net
  * Nothing critical/blocking
  * Will review nbf and ipn3ke PMDs for rc2

* next-virtio
  * No new patches

* next-crypto
* next-eventdev
* next-pipeline
* next-qos
  * No update, we need attendance from maintainers

* Stable trees
  * 18.08.1 is released
    * https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/announce/2019-April/000253.html
  * 18.11-1 is released
    * https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/announce/2019-April/000256.html

OvS
---

* OvS master/2.11.x release validated 18.11.1, no issues found
  Will propose to move to that DPDK version

Opens
-----

* Akhil is looking for co-maintainer for crypto sub-tree

* Coverity is up and there are already some fixes hit the mail list,
  this is good progress, as a reminder, coverity dpdk project link:
  https://scan.coverity.com/projects/dpdk-data-plane-development-kit?tab=overview
  (As of now link is not working for me but hopefully it will come back)

DPDK Release Status Meetings

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send an email to "John McNamara <john.mcnamara at intel.com>" for the invite.