[dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes (2019-04-10)
olivier.matz at 6wind.com
Thu Apr 18 22:41:17 CEST 2019
Here are the meeting notes of the DPDK technical board meeting held on
- Bruce Richardson
- Ferruh Yigit
- Hemant Agrawal
- Jerin Jacob
- Konstantin Ananyev
- Olivier Matz
- Stephen Hemminger
- Thomas Monjalon
1) DPDK development process and tools survey
The objective of the survey is to detect problems (if any) in our
- The survey is now closed.
- Unfortunately the number of received responses is low compared to the
number of active DPDK developers.
- The answers and feedback will be gathered and summarized by mail.
- There will be a Q&A session on this topic at next Europe DPDK summit.
2) DPDK API Stability discussion
- Following the discussion on the ML, there is a consensus that API/ABI
stability is a direction where the DPDK project should head for.
- Adding automated tools to check API/ABI stability is a good first step.
Here is a list of ABI checker tools:
- ABI Laboratory: https://abi-laboratory.pro/index.php?view=timeline&l=dpdk
- The current dpdk tool, validate-abi.sh, is based on abi-compliance-checker.
- Patches like this one proposed by Stephen Hemminger should be generalized
to other parts of DPDK (everything that is not rx/tx path):
- An "ABI/API stability" item will be added to techboard recurring topics.
- The documentation (guides/contributing/versioning,
guides/contributing/design) and website (including roadmap) should be
updated to highlight and explain the intent (Ray proposed himself).
- No calendar/deadlines was decided, let's discuss it again at next
3) SPDX licenses
There are still some old license headers in Intel driver base code, they
will be replaced by new shared code drops.
More information about the dev