[dpdk-dev] Hugepages not being deleted

Michael Santana Francisco msantana at redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 17:15:32 CEST 2019

Hello,

I am currently working on a patch to fix the eal_flags_autotest test as
it currently fails on many platforms.
I have made some progress, however I stumbled upon a possible issue with
EAL and hugepages.
Looking at the code and some documentation it appears to me that
hupepages are supposed to be automatically deleted on dynamic memory
mode as the dpdk process exits.
The test however reports that this is not happening.

This can be shown by:

bash# export DPDK_TEST=eal_flags_autotest
bash# ./build/app/test/dpdk-test
Error - hugepage files for memtest1 were not deleted!
Error in test_file_prefix()
Test Failed
bash# ls /dev/hugepages/ #hugetlbfs is mounted on /dev/hugepages
memtest1map_0  memtest1map_1  memtest1map_2  memtest1map_3
memtest1map_4  memtest1map_5  memtest1map_6  memtest1map_7
memtest1map_8  rtemap_0

To me it appears that the hugepages are in fact not being deleted correctly.
Is this an anomaly or is anyone else seeing this issue as well?

Michael Santana

Note, if you are running on a system with less than 8 cores please see
patch
https://github.com/Maickii/dpdk-2/commit/7cfad856611e3ded4050f670ec11d1b2e17851d8.patch