[dpdk-dev] which is the code base when submitting patch around end of September

Ye Xiaolong xiaolong.ye at intel.com
Fri Aug 9 04:40:02 CEST 2019

Hi,

On 08/09, Hideyuki Yamashita wrote:
>Hello Experts,
>

>Very basic question to create patch.
>
>I am planning to post patch set which introduce new functionality (not
>bug fix ).
>Note that I will post the patch set on end of September.

If your patch is targeted for 19.11 release, you need to send out your V1 patch
before proposal deadline 9/6, you can check the roadmap in http://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/.

>Q1.
>If I post patch set to dev-ml, which is the code base?
>Source code which is retrieved from "git clone" ?
>Or tar ball of previous version like "dpdk-19.05.tar.gz"?

In most of cases, you should clone the main tree (git clone http://dpdk.org/git/dpdk)
as the code base, and regularly rebase your patchset if you have new versions.

>Q2.
>If review of the patch starts around October, when
>will the patch will be merged, if patch is good one.
>19.11 LTS? or 20.02?
>(Are there any rule or deadlines?)

yes, please refer to the deadlines in the roadmap page.

Thanks,
Xiaolong