[dpdk-dev] [RFC] ethdev: support hairpin queue

Ori Kam orika at mellanox.com
Thu Aug 15 06:41:49 CEST 2019

I don't know the capability of other NICs. I think this is a good feature that can be embrace
and implemented by other NICS (may be they can even have some SW implementation for this
that will still use CPU but will give faster packet rate since they know how their HW works)
Regarding the long term support, I'm sorry but I don't see the longer support issue that important since for this
exact reason I think a dedicated API is much easer to maintain. Also my be in future there will be
a new type and then the generic function will have a lot of unused code which is hard to maintain
and debug.

Thanks,
Ori