[dpdk-dev]   *rte_vhost_rx_queue_count* should be protected by vq->access_lock

He Peng xnhp0320 at icloud.com
Thu Aug 15 11:14:52 CEST 2019

Hi,

Would you please provide  a list of impacted APIs, thus we can check if our code has further issues. b.t.w, we are now using dpdk 18.11.

Thanks.

2019年8月14日 下午11:09,Tiwei Bie <tiwei.bie at intel.com> 写道:

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 03:31:09AM +0000, He Peng wrote:

Hi,

We found that *rte_vhost_rx_queue_count* is not protected by vq->access_lock,
and the access to vq->avail->idx is not thread-safe, since at the same time, the vq->avail  might be

set by *vring_invalidate* when some vhost-user messages arrived, such as VRING_SET_ADDRESS,
VRING_SET_MEM_TABLE, etc.

You are right. And other similar APIs also need to be protected.
Thanks for reporting this!

Thanks,
Tiwei

Thanks.