[dpdk-dev] Questions about DPDK IOAT driver

chanzk at m.scnu.edu.cn chanzk at m.scnu.edu.cn
Tue Aug 20 14:35:26 CEST 2019

Hello DPDK,
    I am a postgraduate student from South China Normal University, Guangzhou, China.
    I found that the IOAT driver was released in DPDK 19.08 for the first time. At the same time, I noticed that the code of DPDK IOAT driver was similar to SPDK one. So there are some questions I would like to ask you. The questions are as follows.

    1. What's the difference between SPDK IOAT driver and DPDK IOAT driver ?
    2. I have an idea that apply DPDK lockless ring (struct rte_ring) to DPDK IOAT ring so that multiple threads can enqueue copy request to the same DPDK IOAT ring at the same time, is that work ?

At your convenience, would you please answer my questions?

Thank you !
Wish you a good day !

Regards,
Zhenke Chan