[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 5/12/2019

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Dec 5 15:26:29 CET 2019

Minutes 5 December 2019
-----------------------

Agenda:
* Release Dates
* 19.11 feedback
* Subtrees
* OvS

Participants:
* Arm
* Debian/Microsoft
* Intel
* Mellanox
* NXP
* Red Hat

Release Dates
-------------

* v19.11 is released on Friday, 29 November
  v19.11 is latest LTS and will be supported next two years.
  * https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2019-November/152519.html
  * https://core.dpdk.org/download/
  * https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_19_11.html

* v20.02 dates:
  * Proposal/V1:		Wednesday 11 December 2019
  * Integration/Merge/RC1:	Wednesday 15 January 2020
  * Release:			Friday 14 February 2020

  * Reminder for 20.02 roadmaps from contributors, non received yet.

19.11 feedback
--------------

* Gavin reported a performance drop on specific NICs with v19.11,
  will report the issue via Bugzilla.

Subtrees
--------

* main
  * Build issue in the main repo solved

* next-net
  * Nothing much in both backlog and the repo yet
  * 'ionic' PMD reviewed, got confirmation that it will be re-licensed as BSD-3

* next-net-crypto
  * add eventmode to ipsec-secgw patchset is in the backlog
  * There is a request to have release notes template ready for next releases
    so that patches addressing those releases can update them
    * This can be confusing for release packages, to have release notes from
      future releases, so they won't be included.
  * Need to clarify CPU crypto patchset status, if it requires ABI breakage,
    it may need to wait for next LTS

* next-net-eventdev
  * l3fwd eventdev support patches are in backlog
  * WANTED: l3fwd sample app is missing maintainer, we need volunteers for
    maintaining and/or reviewing it.

* next-net-virtio
  * dynamic logging patch is in the queue
  * Will work on virtio vdpa driver
    * Should we move vdpa related code to a common folder?

* LTS

  * 17.11.10
    * Luca is working on it with best effort, planning a release on December
    * This will be last 17.11.x release

  * 18.11.6
    * Kevin already backported some patches and sent notification emails for it
    * ~150 more patches waiting for the backporting
    * For the patches that failed to backport automatically, emails sent to
      authors and mail list to request help from authors for backporting.
      * Is this method working or if we can find more effective way.

OvS
---

* DPDK 19.11 support upstreamed on 'master' branch
* Next week there will be OvS conference:
  http://www.openvswitch.org/support/ovscon2019/

DPDK Release Status Meetings

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send an email to "John McNamara <john.mcnamara at intel.com>" for the invite.