[dpdk-dev] Offloading L4 checksum to crypto device

Heng Wang heng.wang at ericsson.com
Mon Dec 23 15:27:54 CET 2019

Hi,
 This is Heng from Ericsson. We are now developing a platform based on dpdk. The platform usually processes the ipsec packets encapsulating udp packets.
  You know, calculating udp checksum is always time consuming. We found a hardware solution where our crypto device can calculate the udp checksum during encryption.
 Unfortunately, in DPDK, I didn't find any feature flag for it. Also the API rte_cryptodev_configure doesn't allow us to pass any offload flag to the crypto device.
 I think this could be a common case to calculate something, like checksums, before encryption in crypto devices. Should we consider add some new feature flag and offload support in dpdk crypto device?

Regards,
Heng