[dpdk-dev] vhost: add virtio configuration space access socket messages

Maxime Coquelin maxime.coquelin at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 10:12:26 CET 2019

On 2/27/19 2:31 AM, Liu, Changpeng wrote:

> [...]

What we need to do is fix vhost lib so that you don't have anything to
do in dpdk to add support for the new requests.

So we need to fix the few bits in vhost_user_msg_handler() I mentionned
yesterday. And I also notice we are missing
rte_vhost_driver_set_protocol_feature(), so that you can advertise
VHOST_USER_PROTOCOL_F_CONFIG support by your external backend.

I'll try to cook the dpdk patch today.

Cheers,
Maxime