[dpdk-dev] meson reference guide

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Wed Jun 5 12:39:37 CEST 2019

On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 12:27:34PM +0200, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the make build system, we have doc/build-sdk-quick.txt
> which is very short and displayed with "make help" for a quick reference.
>
> For meson, we have doc/build-sdk-meson.txt which is in reality
> a full guide formatted in rst.
> Should it be moved in Sphinx guides?

Probably.

> Do we want a really short guide for the basic commands, including
> runnning the tests or build the doc? with other basic tooling?

Yes for a short guide, but not sure I'd include tests and building docs in
it. I'd suggest just starting with the first section alone of the existing
doc. For further docs, links to the online documentation on dpdk.org should
suffice rather than needing instructions on building the docs locally.

/Bruce