[dpdk-dev] DPDK19.08 Mellanox Roadmap
asafp at mellanox.com
Wed Jun 19 16:44:01 CEST 2019
I apologize for the late notice.
This is Mellanox's roadmap for DPDK19.08, which we are working on currently.
Introduce rte_flow APIs for:
* Matching and modification for TCP ACK and TCP SEQ.
* Setting Metadata in RX and receiving it as part of mbuf, to have more info from packet processing in the NIC.
* Matching on GRE key.
* Flow aging APIs, to offload application aging logic.
* Hairpin, which acts as a "bump on the wire".
Those APIs will be supported via mlx5 PMD for ConnectX-5 NIC, BlueField SmartNIC and above.
Addition to mlx5 PMD (supporting ConnectX-5 NIC, BlueField SmartNIC and above):
* HW offload for IP-in-IP inner RSS.
* HW offload for matching on ICMP.
* HW offload for matching TCP flags.
* HW offload for LRO (Large Receive Offload), intended to reduce host CPU overhead when processing Rx TCP packets
* Robustness additions in data-path for completions error handling and recovery.
* Improvement of rte_flow_query rate and latency of application's call.
* Out of the box performance improvements by consolidating several TX functions to a single one (ConnectX-5 on x86 host)
More information about the dev