[dpdk-dev] [PATCH v5 0/2] ipc: fix possible memory leaks
herakliusz.lipiec at intel.com
Fri May 3 12:28:55 CEST 2019
When sending multiple requests, rte_mp_request_sync
can succeed sending a few of those requests, but then
fail on a later one and in the end return with rc=-1.
The upper layers - e.g. device hotplug - currently
handles this case as if no messages were sent and no
memory for response buffers was allocated, which is
not true. Fixed by always initializing message buffer
to NULL and calling free everytime rte_mp_request_sync
- change prefixes in commit titles.
- fixed checkpatch issues
- rework of the patchset
- caller is no longer responsible for freeing buffers on failure
- caller still has to free response buffers on success
- patchset reduced from 8 patches to 2
- resending as patchset to make it easier to review it.
- changed commit message as requested.
- added bugzilla id.
Bugzilla ID: 228
Herakliusz Lipiec (2):
ipc: fix memory leak in sync request
net/tap: fix ipc related memory leak
drivers/net/tap/rte_eth_tap.c | 2 +-
lib/librte_eal/common/eal_common_proc.c | 22 +++++++++++++++-------
2 files changed, 16 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
More information about the dev