[dpdk-dev] [Question] PCie AER/RAS Error handling in Linux Driver for any DPDK PMD

Salil Mehta salil.mehta at huawei.com
Wed May 8 21:27:18 CEST 2019

Hello,
I am very new to the DPDK and in efforts to understand the framework I have come
across a question and for which I could not find a proper answer.

Question: How are the error events(AER/RAS) from the Physical device handled in PMD?
To the best of my understanding, These should get propagated to PMD via VFIO(in case
we are using vfio-pci) but I cannot see changes in the VFIO to handle such events.

Forgive me if I am sounding naïve and please correct my understanding.

Thanks

Best Regards
Salil