[dpdk-dev] minimum supported meson version

Andrew Rybchenko arybchenko at solarflare.com
Tue Nov 19 13:27:25 CET 2019

Bruce,

root meson.build declares 0.47.1, but I see the following during build:

WARNING: Project specifies a minimum meson_version '>= 0.47.1' but uses
features which were added in newer versions:
 * 0.48.0: {'console arg in custom_target'}
 * 0.50.0: {'install arg in configure_file'}

Will above be fixed or minimum version upgraded?

Upgrade to 0.50.0 will cut more distros including Debian 9 and 10,
Ubuntu 19.04, RHEL 8 and earlier.
I know that pip solves it, but it is not always acceptable.

Andrew.