[dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2019-11-06
Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran
jerinj at marvell.com
Wed Nov 20 06:26:05 CET 2019
Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2019-11-06
NOTE: The technical board meetings every second Wednesday on IRC channel #dpdk-board, at 3pm UTC. Meetings are public and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.
NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2019-11-20 @3pm UTC, and will be chaired by Honnappa
1) ABI policy review
- Reviewed API policy (http://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/2325188.Q6BSOo8498@xps/T/#u)
- Thomas sent the techboard's feedback on the mailing list
2) cpu-crypto API choices (http://patches.dpdk.org/cover/62489/)
- Decided to form a subgroup (Konstantin, Akhil, Honnappa, Hemant, Anoob, Jerin) for the discussion
- If there is no a clear majority then come back to the techboard for next level of discussions.
- Option provided to have reserved field in the public data structures to avoid ABI break for
3) vfio-pf out of tree module discussion follow-up
Following has been decided
- Disable all kmods in 20.02 by default
- Move igb_uio kernel module to new repo hosted by dpdk.org in v20.11
- The kernel VFIO maintainer thinks there _can_ be a solution for the DPDK use case.
Action item to send the kernel patch and discuss with kernel community.
Now, vfio_pf patch-set put on hold. It will not be not merged in v19.11 release.
4) VF port representor ops to ethdev (http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/62176/)
For the benefit of existing application and driver which implemented this API,
It's been decided to follow the existing logic. i.e. No change in ethdev API for
More information about the dev