[dpdk-dev] [External] RE: mlx5: the default rule makes VF rep cannot get packets

贺鹏 hepeng.0320 at bytedance.com
Mon Nov 25 08:43:35 CET 2019

Hi,

> 在 2019年11月25日,下午3:32,Slava Ovsiienko <viacheslavo at mellanox.com> 写道:
>
> Hi,
>
> What OFED version do you use? Or OOB kernel driver/rdma-core?

OFED 4.6-3.11.

> Target table (1 in the mentioned patch) is created on the flow creation as empty one.
> The default rule for the empty ingress table in FDB (transfer attribute in testpmd command)
> – go to vport 0 (to wire/VF representors), it is established by kernel/rdma-core, In your setup
> it does not work.

The NIC works in switchdev mode; every VF has a representer, and dpdk is polling each rep to get packets.
If I revert this patch, in the probe stage, DPDK will not install the default rule which directs packets to Table 1, and dpdk can get packets.

The target is to use dpdk as well as action offload together.

The setup code is in the function  *mlx5_flow_create_esw_table_zero_flow*.
Even for running L2FWD, I cannot get a packet from VF rep.  You mean this is a driver problem ?