[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 5/9/2019
ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Sep 5 13:10:23 CEST 2019
Minutes 5 September 2019
* Release Dates
* V1 Status
* Red Hat
* v19.11 dates:
* Proposal/V1 Friday 06 September 2019
* Integration/Merge/RC1 Friday 11 October 2019
* Release Friday 08 November 2019
* Marvell, Intel, Arm & Mellanox has sent roadmaps, thanks,
everyone planning to contribute in this release please send roadmaps
to help planning.
* Will put v19.02 proposal into mail list for discussion, it is challenging
because of Christmas and Spring holidays overlap with the release dates.
* Need input from all contributors in next week about the scope/size of the
v19.02 to help planning 19.02 dates.
* V1 deadline is a few days away, end of this week. 800+ patches in patchwork.
* Patchwork looks busy
* Please all sub-tree maintainers update 'delegate' fields
* There is a plan for automated delegation, will be manual for now
* There will be an early merge end of this week
* Ping Thomas for high priority patches
* Only a few patches has been merged, reviews are going on
* There are two new PMDs, 'ppfe' from NXP and 'hns3' from Huawei
* There are ethdev APIs patches from Andrew which look like will be big one
* Reviews are going on, Maxime and Tiwei are reviewing
* Looks a little busier than normal
* Reviews are going on, Xiaolong is working on them
* Marvell planning to submit, two Eventdev applications.
* One seperate l2fwd-event app and update the existing l3fwd to add support
* Reminder: DPDK Summit NA CFP deadline September 6th
* OvS conference won't be co-located with DPDK summit this year
DPDK Release Status Meetings
The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.
The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send an email to "John McNamara <john.mcnamara at intel.com>" for the invite.
More information about the dev