[dpdk-dev] [RFC] Accelerating Data Movement for DPDK vHost with DMA Engines

Jerin Jacob jerinjacobk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 14:15:26 CEST 2020

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 5:40 PM Maxime Coquelin
<maxime.coquelin at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 4/20/20 2:08 PM, Jerin Jacob wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 5:14 PM Maxime Coquelin
> > <maxime.coquelin at redhat.com> wrote:

Some confusion here. Original question was,
# This is an RFC for DMA support in vHOST
# What is the underneath DMA engine planned for hooking to vHOST async
API as a "implementation" for this RFC?
# If it ioat, How does the integration work with ioat exiting
rawdriver and new API?
# if it not ioat, What it takes to add support ioat based DMA engine
to vHOST aysnc API