[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 23/04/2020

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Apr 23 15:08:23 CEST 2020


Minutes 23 April 2020
---------------------

Agenda:
* Release Dates
* Subtrees

Participants:
* Arm
* Debian/Microsoft
* Intel
* Marvell
* Mellanox
* NXP
* Red Hat


Release Dates
-------------

* v20.05 dates:
  * Integration/Merge/RC1 pushed to	*Friday 24 April 2020*
  * Release:				Wednesday 20 May 2020

  * PRC holiday on 1-5 May, need to take into account for validation effort


Subtrees
--------

* main
  * crypto tree pulled, in progress of pulling next-net
  * Not able to review rte_graph, planning to merge it in -rc2
  * Merged ring patches from Konstantin and RCU patches from Honnappa
  * Looking trace series, planning to have them in -rc1
  * Some fixes for eal and vfio merged
  * Checking fixes and changes related to ABI, from Ray and Neil
  * gcc10 support
    * Some fixes are missing
    * Fixes can go after -rc1
    * Need a long term plan for the new compiler support
      * CI checks exists for new compilers
  * Hash library not reviewed
  * Some patches related atomic discussed in techboard,
    not much to do for the release
  * Windows, some patches was not ready postponed to 20.08
  * Telemetry may go in -rc2
    * There will be a new version, possibly today, to make it more generic
  * Call to review for Windows patches

* next-net
  * closed the tree yesterday, ready for -rc1

* next-crypto
  * pulled for -rc1
  * There are two existing issues
    * Cryptodev ABI versioning, Fiona working on
      * Not sure if it will be ready for -rc1
    * rte_security issue, mainline is broken as of now
      * Fix is in the mail list, should be merged quickly

* next-eventdev
  * No more patches for -rc1, already pulled to main

* next-virtio
  * Pulled for -rc1
  * Some fixes for next -rc
  * Mellanox vdpa queue stats patch postponed to next release
  * Mellanox vdpa virtq patch requires rebase, it may wait next -rc
  * Packet ring vectorized path patch under review, should be OK for -rc2
    * Good to ask vector implementation from all architectures

* next-net-intel
  * Most patches merged, only some fixes for -rc2
  * fm10k still has build errors, postponed to -rc2

* next-net-mlx
  * Some small fixes for -rc2

* next-net-mrvl
  * All patches merged for -rc1



DPDK Release Status Meetings
============================

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send an email to "John McNamara <john.mcnamara at intel.com>" for the invite.


More information about the dev mailing list