[dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2020-01-15

Maxime Coquelin maxime.coquelin at redhat.com
Mon Feb 3 15:53:16 CET 2020

Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2020-01-15

Members Attending
- Ferruh
- Kevin
- Bruce
- Konstantin
- Thomas
- Hemant
- Maxime (Chair)
- Olivier
- Stephen
- Jerin
- Honnappa

NOTE: The technical board meetings every second Wednesday on IRC
channel  #dpdk-board, at 3pm UTC. Meetings are public and DPDK community
members  are welcome to attend.

NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2020-01-29 @3pm UTC, and will be
chaired by Olivier.

1) Estimation of the rework needed for the new vDPA devices class
 - Matan already posted the rework, including moving IFC driver
 - Main driver impacted will be Mellanox
 - LTSes maintainers are fine with the rework
 - Thomas applied the rework to master branch, so that Matan can post
   the Mellanox vDPA series

2) Action request for Thomas to add approved e-mail IDs to the security
   pre-release mailing list
 - Done by Thomas

3) UNH Lab decisions
 - Technical Board proposed to have member companies to assign people to
   add more tests in UNH Lab.
 - The Governing Board approved the proposal for one quarter.
 - Top contributing companies will be asked to assign one contributor
   for 20% FTE.
 - Thomas volunteered to manage this trial

4) Kubernetes integration status
 - Proposal to write a blog post about DPDK status in Kubernetes and
 - Maxime volunteered to write this blog post
 - Draft review target on 2020-02-12 Techboard meeting

5) ABI check tooling
 - Question about where/whether to store ABI dumps
 - Techboard agrees it should not be stored in main DPDK git repo
 - Techboard voted to have the ABI check being done by the CI with
   scripts provided in DPDK git repo, vs. ABI check done at build time
 - No decision yet by the Techboard on whether the ABI dumps for the
   releases should be stored somewhere, or generated each time

More information about the dev mailing list