[dpdk-dev] Fwd: Proposal to add a new toolchain for dpdk: g++

Victor Huertas vhuertas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 17:10:13 CET 2020

Thanks Bruce for your answer,
I will try it and let you know. Although I guess that it makes no
difference if, instead of an exe file, I am compiling a static library
(libmylibrary.a), right?

BTW, I would like to insist on the second issue I was referring to in my
first reply about ip pipeline example using software rings and the latency
detected (which may reach 3-4ms per pipeline transition as long as the two
connected pipelines are configured tu run in the same logical core and the
respective f_run functions are placed in the same thread consecutively).
The thing is that I may have in my application up to 5 o 6 pipelines
interconnected and the accumulated delay detected a ping crossing all these
pipelines becomes 55 ms RTT!!. The latency problem desapeers if I assign a
different logical core to every pipeline.

Thanks a lot for your quick response. It is really appreciated.

Regards,

--
Victor

--