[dpdk-dev] CONFIG_RTE_MAX_MEM_MB fails in DPDK18.05

Burakov, Anatoly anatoly.burakov at intel.com
Thu Feb 20 11:02:14 CET 2020

On 19-Feb-20 4:20 PM, Kamaraj P wrote:
> Hi Anatoly,
>
> Yes we are facing an issue with our custom applications.
> Earlier we have tried with l2fwd DPDK application and does not see any
> issue with memory initialization.
> Not sure whether we missed any other options.
>
> BTW when we tried with l2fwd application, the application does not seem
> to hang during the memory initialization where as our application is
> kind of struck when getting memory.
> Do we tune any config parameters from DPDK ?
> Please advise.

Hi,

This doesn't look like an issue that is with DPDK. It is more likely
that something else triggers this (similar to mlockall()). Are you sure
there are no more mem lock calls anywhere in your application before EAL
init (i.e. inside the libraries you use, etc.)? Because so far, page
pinning is the only thing i can think of that would cause this sort of
behavior.

Anatoly