[dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 20.02-rc4
Xu, Qian Q
qian.q.xu at intel.com
Tue Feb 25 15:37:08 CET 2020
Some quick update from Intel on RC4 testing
1. Totally execution percentage is around 90%, pass rate is around 98%
2. Created 2 new medium/low issue in RC4.
1. Intel NIC PMD PF & VF regression: 95% executed, 0 critical issue and high issue found.
Function cases include rx/tx/forward packets, packet processing, jumboframe, dual vlan, filter cases and so on: 2 bugs found, no critical/high bugs.
Performance cases such as l2fwd, l3fwd, single core and so on: no new bug is found.
2. Cryptodev cases include ipsec_gw cryptodev, fips cryptodev, l2fwd crypto, performance cases and so on: no critical and no high bugs found.
Function cases all passed, performance cases not fully executed.
3. Vhost/virtio: PVP/loopback, qemu/virtio-user, multi-queue, dequeue zero copy cases and so on: 1 new medium bug is found.
4. Power relate cases, no new bug is found.
5. ABI test includes unit test, vhost and flow related tests. no new bug is found.
6. 20.02 new features include ABI test, L2tpv3, crypto_dev related new features and so no. no new bug is found.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: dev <dev-bounces at dpdk.org> On Behalf Of Ali Alnubani
> Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 5:59 PM
> To: Thomas Monjalon <thomas at monjalon.net>; dev at dpdk.org
> Cc: Raslan Darawsheh <rasland at mellanox.com>; Asaf Penso
> <asafp at mellanox.com>
> Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 20.02-rc4
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: announce <announce-bounces at dpdk.org> On Behalf Of Thomas
> > Monjalon
> > Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 11:08 PM
> > To: announce at dpdk.org
> > Subject: [dpdk-announce] release candidate 20.02-rc4
> > A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
> > This is the last release candidate for DPDK 20.02.
> > Please share some release validation results by replying to this
> > message (at dev at dpdk.org).
> > If no critical issue is reported, 20.02 will be closed on Tuesday 25th.
> > If you are preparing the next release cycle, please send your v1
> > patches before the 20.05 proposal deadline, which will happen on March 18th.
> > It is also time to build an estimated roadmap for the next cycles.
> > Thank you everyone
> The following covers the tests that we ran on Mellanox hardware for this
> - Basic functionality:
> Send and receive multiple types of traffic.
> - testpmd xstats counter test.
> - testpmd timestamp test.
> - Changing/checking link status through testpmd.
> - RTE flow and flow_director tests.
> Items: eth / vlan / ipv4 / ipv6 / tcp / udp / icmp / gre / nvgre / vxlan / geneve /
> ip in ip / mplsoudp / mplsogre / gtp
> Actions: drop / queue / rss / mark / flag / jump / count / port_id / raw_encap /
> raw_decap / vxlan_encap / vxlan_decap / NAT
> - Some RSS tests.
> - VLAN stripping and insertion tests.
> - Checksum and TSO tests.
> - ptype tests.
> - l3fwd-power example application tests.
> - Multi-process example applications tests.
> We don't see any critical issues blocking the release.
More information about the dev