[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 27/02/2020
ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Feb 27 13:41:11 CET 2020
Minutes 27 February 2020
* Release Dates
* 20.02 Retrospective
* Red Hat
* v20.02 is released on Tuesday, 25 February.
* v20.05 dates:
* Proposal/V1: Wednesday 18 March 2020
* Integration/Merge/RC1: Friday 17 April 2020
* Release: Wednesday 20 May 2020
* Marvell already sent roadmap for 20.05, all vendors please share the
roadmap for the release.
* 20.05 release cycle started and we got only one roadmap
Does it help if we get roadmaps 2-3 months early?
* Testing delays had a knock on affect in release dates, also affected LTS
* It was a small release, we will see if releases will go like this until LTS
* 19.02 was small too, we are trending one small one big release cycle
* There were ~200 patches deferred, did it contribute being small release?
* Some deferred patches was eal and eal doesn't have a maintainer
* Pieces under eal has maintainer, 'probing' and 'options' missing maintainer
* All library changes hit the main repo, there is a big diversity in patches
* Should we have more sub-trees under main repo, like algo tree, to support
the main tree maintenance
* This release there were two active main repo maintainer, Thanks David for his
* -rc1 commits / Release commits ratio
* It is normally around %60-%70 of all commits pushed in -rc1
* This release it was around %45, so most of the patches merged after -rc1
* This was same in 19.02, both were small releases
* Either this was kind of a fix release and lots of issues from past
fixed, or we pushed more features after -rc1, need more analysis
* More coverity issues fixed in this release
* There are still more to address
* David will add automated Coverity checks to Travis
* Bugzilla issues not actively addressed
* Some companies pulling related defects internally and solving them
* Release notes is more complete these days, and in better shape, John needs to
spend less time to revise it.
* It may be good to actively update/fix our documentation
* We may need additional resources for it
* 17.11.10-rc1 released, please test and report results
* QAT issue resolved
* Planning to release today, it will be last 17.11 release
* Some patches already merged
* Request sent to authors for the patches that conflicts
* -rc1 planned for next Friday
* Release, tentatively, planned for 20 March
* Merging patches are progressing
* 2.13 is out
* In OVS-DPDK meeting this Wednesday, there will be rte_flow and HW offload
design discussion from Mellanox. Requesting interested parties to attend.
DPDK Release Status Meetings
The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.
The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send an email to "John McNamara <john.mcnamara at intel.com>" for the invite.
More information about the dev