[dpdk-dev] 17.11.10 (LTS) patches review and test

Stokes, Ian ian.stokes at intel.com
Thu Jan 30 16:01:27 CET 2020

On 1/30/2020 10:08 AM, Luca Boccassi wrote:
> On Mon, 2020-01-13 at 12:47 +0000, Luca Boccassi wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Here is a list of patches targeted for LTS release 17.11.10.
>> This will be the last 17.11 release.
>>
>> The planned date for the final release is the 30th of January.
>>
>> Please help with testing and validation of your use cases and report
>> any issues/results with reply-all to this mail. For the final release
>> the fixes and reported validations will be added to the release
>> notes.
>>
>> A release candidate tarball can be found at:
>>

>> https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/tag/?id=v17.11.10-rc1
>>

>> These patches are located at branch 17.11 of dpdk-stable repo:
>>
>> https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/
>>

>> Thanks.
>>
>> Luca Boccassi
>
> Hi,
>
> We are still waiting to solve 2 issues highlighted during validation,
> so we need to postpone.
>
> New proposed target is February the 14th.
>
> Apologies for any issue it might cause.

Hi Luca,

no problem on the delay, on the OVS DPDK side we've validated the
following to date

OVS testing against head OVS 2.10 and 2.19 with VSPERF

Tested NICs i40e (X710) & ixgbe (82599ES)

P2P
PVP
Hotplug
Multiqueue
Vhostuserclient reconnect
Vhost cross-NUMA awareness
Jumbo frames
Rate limiting
QoS policer

If theres a need to re-test for the follow on patches let me know.

Regards
Ian