[dpdk-dev] Qos issue with new DPDK 20.02 and i40e driver

hanoh haim hhaim.hanoh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 15:08:42 CEST 2020

Hi i40e driver experts,
We are **not** a typical user of i40e dpdk driver, we are using tx Qos
configuration (dcb) with strict latency tx queues. The feature stops
working with a new firmware 7.0.x.
We are using DDP (another thing that is not standard) to solve the drop
rate issue.

dpdk 19.05 - works fine
dpdk 20.02 (with new firmware) - does not work

I tried to look into what changed between 19.05->20.02 that was related to
dbc and couldn't find. Our patch is rather small, for now we have a
workaround (allocating one more tx queue) but it has not solved the problem.

more info here:
https://github.com/cisco-system-traffic-generator/trex-core/issues/508

Does it ring a bell?

--