[dpdk-dev] Random failure in service_autotest

David Marchand david.marchand at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 17:19:02 CEST 2020

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 10:56 AM David Marchand
<david.marchand at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 12:41 PM Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit at intel.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 7/15/2020 11:14 AM, David Marchand wrote:
> > > Hello Harry and guys who touched the service code recently :-)
> > >
> > > I spotted a failure for the service UT in Travis:
> > > https://travis-ci.com/github/ovsrobot/dpdk/jobs/361097992#L18697
> > >
> > > I found only a single instance of this failure and tried to reproduce
> > > it with my usual "brute" active loop with no success so far.
> >
> > +1, I didn't able to reproduce it in my environment but observed it in the
> > Travis CI.
> >

> > > Any chance it could be due to recent changes?
> > > https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=f3c256b621262e581d3edcca383df83875ab7ebe
> > > https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=048db4b6dcccaee9277ce5b4fbb2fe684b212e22
>
> I can see more occurrences of the issue in the CI.
> I just applied the patch changing the log level for test assert, in
> the hope it will help.

And... we just got one with logs:
https://travis-ci.com/github/ovsrobot/dpdk/jobs/362109882#L18948

EAL: Test assert service_lcore_attr_get line 396 failed:
lcore_attr_get() didn't get correct loop count (zero)

It looks like a race between the service core still running and the
core resetting the loops attr.

--
David Marchand