[dpdk-dev] Non-deterministic build failure in rte_ethdev.h:4287:10 on Taishan ARM server

Juraj Linkeš juraj.linkes at pantheon.tech
Tue Jun 2 09:13:29 CEST 2020

Hi Jerin,

I forgot to mention that I'm using GCC 8 and this fixed the issue. A bit of googling illuminated why this could be so, according to https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Include-Syntax.html, the angle brackets directive looks for files in a standard list of system directories while the quotes directive looks in the directory containing the current file first. What it doesn't really explain is the random failues. Any idea why it sometimes built fine and sometimes it errored? Some race condition perhaps?

Thanks,
Juraj