[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 28/05/2020

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Tue Jun 2 16:23:01 CEST 2020

On 6/2/2020 12:39 PM, Iremonger, Bernard wrote:
> Hi Ferruh,

Hi Bernard,

I personally find having the distinction for "merge deadline" and '-rc1" is
confusing. I prefer to follow only -rc1.

The thing to consider is, if -rc1 is 8 July, and you are sending a new version
of the patch on that day, 8 July, I think it is not surprising if the patch
misses the -rc1.
So patch should be at least a few days before the -rc1, to give enough time for
it to be processed. Should we formalize that a few days as "merge deadline" and
explicitly call that day, as said above I don't think so but I don't know what
others think about it.

Roughly, please send your last version of the patch at least 2 work days before
the -rc1. @Thomas, what do you think, is it a fair measurement?