[dpdk-dev] [20.11, PATCH] bbdev: remove experimental tag from API

David Marchand david.marchand at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 09:30:15 CEST 2020

Hello Nicolas,

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 1:14 AM Nicolas Chautru
<nicolas.chautru at intel.com> wrote:

> Planning to move bbdev API to stable from 20.11 (ABI version 21)
> and remove experimental tag.
> Sending now to advertise and get any feedback.
> Some manual rebase will be required later on notably as the
> actual release note which is not there yet.

Cool that we want to stabilize this API.
My concern is that we have drivers from a single vendor.
I would hate to see a new vendor unable to submit a driver (or having
to wait until the next ABI breakage window) because of the current
API/ABI.

--
David Marchand