[dpdk-dev] [EXT] [RFC v5] regexdev: introduce regexdev subsystem

Ori Kam orika at mellanox.com
Sun Mar 1 08:31:28 CET 2020

Hi Pavan,
Thanks for the comments please see below.

Yes you are correct will fix.

> >+
> >+	/* W2 */
> >+	uint16_t group_id0;
>
> This should be group_id1.

No this is correct is should be id0. We are starting from group 0.
The comment below states that the first group, meaning group 0 must be
valid group while group 1 doesn’t have to be vaild.

> >+	/**< First group_id to match the rule against. Minimum one
> >group id
> >+	 * must be provided by application.
> >+	 * When RTE_REGEX_OPS_REQ_GROUP_ID1_VALID_F set then
> >group_id1
> >+	 * is valid, respectively similar flags for group_id2 and group_id3.
> >+	 * Upon the match, struct rte_regex_match::group_id shall be
> >updated
> >+	 * with matching group ID by the device. Group ID scheme
> >provides
> >+	 * rule isolation and effective pattern matching.
> >+	 */
> >+	uint16_t group_id1;
> >+	/**< Second group_id to match the rule against.
> >+	 *
> >+	 * @see RTE_REGEX_OPS_REQ_GROUP_ID1_VALID_F
> >+	 */
>
> The above `group_id1` should be removed as its duplicate.

This is not duplicate, see above comment.