[dpdk-dev] [RFC v6] regexdev: introduce regexdev subsystem

Ori Kam orika at mellanox.com
Sun Mar 15 11:05:53 CET 2020

Hi Xiang,

Sure, we can replace the RTE_REGEX_PCRE_RULE_MATCH_ALL_F with
RTE_REGEX_DEV_CFG_MATCH_ALL, and add RTE_REGEX_DEV_CAPA_SUPP_MATCH_ALL

> > + */
> > +__rte_experimental
> > +int
> > +rte_regex_dev_info_get(uint8_t dev_id, struct rte_regex_dev_info
> *dev_info);
> > +
> > +/* Enumerates RegEx device configuration flags */
> > +#define RTE_REGEX_DEV_CFG_CROSS_BUFFER_SCAN_F (1ULL << 0)
> > +/**< Cross buffer scan refers to the ability to be able to detect
> > + * matches that occur across buffer boundaries, where the buffers are
> related
> > + * to each other in some way. Enable this flag when to scan payload size
> > + * greater than struct rte_regex_dev_info::max_payload_size and/or
> > + * matches can present across scan buffer boundaries.
> > + *
> > + * @see struct rte_regex_dev_info::max_payload_size
> > + * @see struct rte_regex_dev_config::dev_cfg_flags,
> rte_regex_dev_configure()
> > + * @see RTE_REGEX_OPS_RSP_PMI_SOJ_F
> > + * @see RTE_REGEX_OPS_RSP_PMI_EOJ_F
> > + * @see RTE_REGEX_OPS_RSP_PMI_TOJ_F
> > + */
> > +
> Can we add another flag
> RTE_REGEX_DEV_CFG_CROSS_BUFFER_SCAN_FULL_F? In this case,
> we only return full match for cross buffer scan without any partial result and
> without returning response flags such as RTE_REGEX_OPS_RSP_PMI_*.

I think that it is good in any case to return a flag if the detection was based on
more than one buffer.
So I don't really see the advantage of adding such a flag.
As far as I understand in your case if the match started in previous buffer and ended
in the current buffer then you will return also the flag of RTE_REGEX_OPS_RSP_PMI_TOJ_F
For my general knowledge, in your system if we have the following regex: ABC
In the first buffer we have xxxA size 4 and the second buffer is BCxx
If I understand correctly for first buffer you will return no match found.
For the second buffer you will return found and end offset will be equal to  2
Am I correct?
Or you are going to return end offset 6 because it started from the previous buffer?

Best,
Ori