[dpdk-dev] [RFC 0/6] New sync modes for ring

Ananyev, Konstantin konstantin.ananyev at intel.com
Tue Mar 31 19:21:09 CEST 2020

> <snip>

> > > requirements like RCU defer APIs?
> > >
> > > I think I found a way to introduce these new modes without API/ABI
> > breakage.
> > > Working on v1 right now. Plan to submit it by end of that week/start
> > > of next one.
> > ok
> RCU defer APIs require the rte_ring_xxx_elem versions. I guess you are adding those as well.

Yes, I added it into V1, please have a look.
Also I made 'legacy' peek API (enqueue/dequeue_start/finish) to call
'elem' peek API (enqueue/dequeue_elem_start/finish).
About naming: thought about changing start/finish to reserve/commit,
but decided to left as it is for now - in case you would like to go ahead
with SG API and use reserve/commit there.
Konstantin