[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 5/11/2020
ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Nov 5 13:42:15 CET 2020
Meeting minutes of 5 November 2020
* Release Dates
* -rc2 status
* Red Hat
* v20.11 dates
* -rc2 is released on Wednesday, 4 November 2020
* -rc3 as quick fix is planned today, 5 November 2020
* -rc4 pushed to *Friday, 13 November 2020*
* Release: Wednesday, 25 November 2020
* In -rc2 an issues has been found in the testpmd and a quick -rc3 is planned
today with a hotfix.
This will shift the numbering of the release candidates, previous -rc3 will
now be -rc4, please do not confuse with this shift.
* There is preliminary test result since -rc2 was only yesterday,
* The testpmd issue (mentioned above) has been reported, which is blocking
some set of tests.
* The issue has been introduced in the commit:
* Reverting this commit enables testing until the issue is addressed with
a hotfix (and a possible quick new release candidate).
* mbuf changes merged into the -rc2
* some mbuf fields converted to dynamic field, for:
* userdata fields (udata64)
* sequence number field (seqn)
* timestamp field (timestamp)
* next step is to move mempool pointer to first cacheline
* The mbuf changes done late in this release cycle, future mbuf
related changes should be done as community wise effort
* There are issues in the language correction patchset
* Although people agree to get it, there is not enough people
doing the reviews.
* Needed more detailed review for them
* Discussed with Juraj about the status of Arm build option patchset
* Nothing yet in the next-net after -rc2
* Planning to get txgbe second set for next release candidate
* After some requested fixes to initial set done
* Will merge fixes after this point
* All patches merged for -rc2
* enqueue & dequeue callbacks postponed to next release
* DLB patches merged for -rc2
* There were two drivers DLB/DLB2
* HW is different but how big the difference is, can two PMDs combined
into single PMD to reduce code clutter?
* Will follow up with the author
* There is no outstanding patches for now
* Nothing major left in the backlog
* There will be fixes
* No update
* More fixes in the backlog
* No more patch expected
* A couple of features, no more feature
DPDK Release Status Meetings
The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss the
status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to track
progress or milestone dates.
The meeting occurs on every Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK
If you wish to attend just send an email to
"John McNamara <john.mcnamara at intel.com>" for the invite.
More information about the dev